Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Cozy Crocheting Season

This fabulous afghan is not my work. I will explain momentarily!


The cozy autumn season is finally coming upon us! I know we have many hot days yet to come, but the wonderfully cool nights are making up for the hot days.

It's a good thing, because someone recommended Ivory soap for leg cramps. I tried sleeping with the soap, but it kept getting lost in the bed. Not to be beaten by a bit of soap, Sunday I took an Ace bandage and wrapped two bars of soap around my leg. I wore jogging pants with elastic bottoms, lest the soap should try to take a stroll. Then I put on a floppy black skirt in hopes that no one would notice. :o) It is helping!

I haven't felt much like physical labor (you know, cleaning, ironing, dusting, etc. Ahem.....), so I have been surfing the internet for fun fall projects. I fell across this "Circle in a Square" afghan at
http://www.posy.typepad.com/posy/2009/09/the-4th-try.html

Her instructions are quite good and the afghan is lovely. (You will love her blog, too!) I will post a picture as soon as I have a chance to go to Chattanooga to get some yarn. It's a simple 'make while you watch TV' project. Just my cup of tea!

Have a fabulous day!
Ruth Ann
http://www.r2swanger.etsy.com

1 comment:

Nikki via The Scarlett Rose Garden said...

Hello Ruth Ann~
Thank you so much for you sweet note today, it means a lot. Sometimes when I feel like throwing in the blogging towel, comments like that keep me going!

This looks like a quick moving pattern to do, perhaps I'll try it this winter.

Best wishes with your labor of love home. We'll get them finished one day... er, won't we? LOL!