Thursday, April 16, 2009

Don't assume I cook!

I'm a Beader. I Knit. I design and make Purses. So............I was a caterer for many years.
One of the blogs that I read reminded me of this recipe
and I plan to serve it up to guests Saturday evening.
My wonderful hubby will be doing the cooking.

The recipe was originally published in
Southern Living magazine.
I only use a pinch of dried onion flakes instead of the
large onion that the recipe calls for
because we dislike onions.
It is also great made with ground beef or
strip steak.



KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE

Ingredients:

1 large onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups chopped/shredded cooked chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can Rotel, drained
1 can chopped green chiles, drained
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
12 corn/flour tortillas
3 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, cheddar, or Monterey Jack

Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over med-high heat 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients.

Tear corn/flour tortilla into pieces in a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish. Top with 1/3 of chicken mixture, & 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers twice.

Cover with aluminum foil, and bake at 350' for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 more minutes or until bubbly.


Enjoy!
Ruth Ann
http://www.r2swanger.etsy.com
http://www.beadkits.etsy.com

No comments: