Monday, November 10, 2008

Time for Socks!


'Tis the time of year when
a young woman's heart turns to
knitting!

My first experience with knitting socks with double pointed needles
was when I was about 5 years old.
This was also my last experience.

A few years ago, I discovered that one can knit large
Christmas Stockings
on short circular needles.
I made enough for the whole family,
including our fur babies.
Sometime during the summer,
I lost the pattern.
It had fantastically easy heels and toes.

Last week, I discovered
self-patterning yarn.
Wow!
What neat stuff!!!!!!
(Yes, I know it's been around for years,
but I'm still avoiding the double pointed needles.)

I had to have a couple of skeins,
but then there were those double pointed needles.
Now I remember why I hated them so badly!

As you can see by the photo,
I almost finished my sockies last night.
I have maybe 30 minutes left to do.

Then another color of the same
self-patterning yarn
followed me home.

I still hate double pointed needles,
but I'm loving that yarn!

Have a great day!
Ruth Ann

http://www.r2swanger.etsy.com

No comments: