Friday, October 14, 2011

Time to relax

The time to relax is when you don't have the time for it.

My dear friend LaDonna posted this on her blog "Gracious Hospitality" and I have never heard a truer statement. It seems that I have rushed through my life with no time to relax until my car accident 5 years ago forced me to do so. It's hard to get used to 'enforced relaxation', but as I begin to feel better, I'm taking more time for my machine embroidery and jewelry making. I look forward to being able to stand up long enough to cook some of the great recipes I've been collecting!

All of my former friends are now raising their grandchildren - their kids didn't bother with marriage, but they managed to have many 'moments of passion'.

We are so lucky to have made many friends at church. We had lunch this week with the 'over 70' crowd. We are 15 years too young, but what a wonderful time we had!

Ah, life passes us by too fast. Sometimes God takes a big chunk out of those lives with injuries and unemployment. Maybe this is good because we realize how precious life is. God always knows best.

With love to my blogging friends,
Ruth Ann

No comments: