Friday, February 13, 2009

Sew, Mama, Sew Quesionaire

This little quiz came from Sew, Mama, Sew. Here are my responses:

  • What do you usually sew?
Purses and totes. I used to quilt, but don't have time any more. To me, quilting means hand quilting with tiny stitches, not that machine done stuff.
  • When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)
5 to 20 yards
  • Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?
Need? I could go the rest of my life without another piece of fabric and never get all I have sewn, but then there's desire.........................
  • Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?
If the fabric can be washed, it gets, washed.
  • Do you iron it?
Always.
  • How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.)
Sort it? Once I get it home, I may never see it again for months.
  • Do you have any special folding techniques?
The fabric usually remains in the bag to keep it clean, so it's folded however the salesperson folded it.
  • How do you store your fabric?
In the bags it came in. In a closet, on the dining room table, on the kitchen table, draped across furniture, etc.
  • What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash?
Who needs tips? If you love fabric, you buy it.
  • When do you say enough is enough?
Enough? What's that?
  • What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
Purses.
  • Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it!
I love them all!
  • What’s your definition of the perfect stash? (Consider sharing a picture or two of your stash & storage, or direct us to a pic on Flickr!)
To have every piece of fabric that I love and to have all the coordinating pieces that go with it.

No comments: